You have the option not to provide us the Information sought to be collected. If You do not provide us Your Information or if You withdraw the consent at any point in time, we will not be able to offer the Services available on the Umbr Tree Platform.
As used in these Terms, the following terms shall have the meaning set forth below:
- Confidential Information shall mean all information and materials furnished by a party which: (a) if in written format is marked as confidential, or (b) if disclosed verbally is noted as confidential at time of disclosure, or (c) in the absence of either (a) or (b) is information which a reasonable party would deem to be non-public information and confidential. Confidential Information shall include, but not be limited to content on the Website, Application, User Information, all types of data, information, ideas, specifications, procedures, technical processes and formulas, source code, product designs, financial information, business plans, projections, marketing data and other similar information provided by a party, documentation, the existence and contents of this Agreement, whether such is transmitted in writing, orally, visually, (e.g. video terminal display) or on magnetic media, and shall include all proprietary information, customer and prospect lists, trade secrets, or proposed trade names, know-how, concepts, drawings, flow charts, diagrams and other intellectual property relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- Company means Umbr Tree Pvt. Ltd., and its affiliates.
- Products refer to those products which are available for sale on the Platform and which may be introduced, added or amended from time to time.
- Services refer to the service of facilitating the sale of Products offered through the Platform and other services as may be added from time to time.
- User shall mean any person who logs in and creates an Account as a user on the Umbr Tree Platform for availing the Products and Services.
- Visitor refers to any individual/entity who browses the Umbr Tree Platform, but not yet registered as a User.
- All other capitalized terms shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Other Terms.
We receive and store Personal Information (i.e. includes information that whether on its own or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify or contact the Users and Visitors) and Non-Personal Information.
You will be required to provide certain information in order to use the Umbr Tree Platform and Services offered therein such as your complete name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, location, payment information etc. when creating an account or availing the Services on the Umbr Tree Platform. We will also collect information which would help determine your eligibility to avail the Services offered by the Umbr Tree Platform, information which would help us process requests made by you for the use of Services offered by the Company such as age or documents for proof of age, etc. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular Service or feature. Importantly, we only collect Personal Information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose and communicating with you about the Products being offered.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Umbr Tree Platform as a User or Visitor, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or mobile, including but not limited to your hardware model, browser type, IP address, operating system version, unique device identifiers, type of mobile you use, the mobile network information, your geographic location, the URL that you just came from, your computer browser information, your ISP, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with the Umbr Tree Platform, including the pages accessed and links clicked. We treat this data as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
We will use and store Personal Information to:
- deliver Services to you, including registering you for our Services, verifying your identity and authority to use our Services, and to otherwise enable you to use the Umbr Tree Platform and our Services;
- to maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to provide Services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to You;
- develop safety features, authenticate users;
- send updates and administrative messages;
- market and promote the Service and for the internal operational and administrative purposes of the Service,
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on Umbr Tree Platform or Software we may collect such information into a file specific to you;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to analyze Umbr Tree Platform usage;
- improve the Umbr Tree Platform content and Service offerings;
- customize the Umbr Tree Platform content, layout, and Services;
- to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Umbr Tree Platform and use the information in order to comply with country laws and regulations;
- You agree that we may use your Personal Information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe interactions and correspondence; measure consumer interest in the Services provided by us; inform you about online and offline offers, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms and Conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- The Umbr Tree Platform may use your Personal Information for the aforementioned purposes. You have full control regarding which emails, and SMS You want to receive. If You decide at any time that You no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. All Users receive administrative emails and text messages. From time to time, we may reveal general statistical information about Umbr Tree Platform and/or Software through emails and messages.
We may freely use Non-Personally Identifiable Information in connection with the Services offered through the Platform, including: to administer the Services being offered thereunder, to understand how well the Service is working, to market the Services and other products and services, to develop aggregate, statistical information on usage of the Service and to generally improve the Service. Collecting this information enables us to better diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Umbr Tree Platform, as well as understand the visitors who come to the Umbr Tree Platform where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. This information aids us in merchandising and in developing the design and layout of the Umbr Tree Platform.
We may also use your Personal Information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests, such as new services, rewards and promotions. The following are some circumstances under which and people to whom we would share your Information with from time-to-time:
- when we have your consent to otherwise share the information.
- Please note that only Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting on the Umbr Tree Platform becomes available to the public. No other information provided by you is shared with the public. Once you have shared such information or made it public, the same may be re-shared by others, re-posted by Umbr Tree, or used by Umbr Tree for the purposes of analysis, research or studies.
We may disclose other Non-Personally Identifiable Information to third party advertisers and advertising agencies, partners, and other parties in order for us and such third parties to analyze (a) the performance of, to operate and improve the Services offered through the Platform and (b) the behavior of Users and to target offers and services to other users and depending upon their requirements. We may also disclose, use or publish this information for promoting the Services offered under the Platform. These third parties are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
Because the aggregate information we collect does not specifically identify you, it may be shared with any number of parties. For example, we may disclose anonymous, aggregated information to third parties such as potential business partners, end users, service providers, advertisers, and funding sources, in order to describe our business and operations.
Any communication or material you transmit to us by email or otherwise, including any data other than Personal Information, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Except to the extent expressly covered by this policy, anything you transmit or post may be used by us for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, knowhow, or techniques contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain correspondence and transaction details until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. When personal data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (and we may further retain and use the anonymized information) or securely destroy the data.
You may review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personal Information.
Even after you remove information from Umbr Tree Platform, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others or it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers or for a period as required by law.
You hereby agree and acknowledge that the application for registration and copies of all documents submitted by you are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Company, and Company shall not be obliged to return the same to you upon your request. Any unauthorized access to Umbr Tree Platform is a breach of these terms and a violation of the law. You agree not to access the Umbr Tree Platform by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Company.
We take reasonable security measures and procedures, and as specified by applicable law, to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You are aware of all security risks, including possible third-party interception of any of your transactions and statements of account on the internet and the content of your transactions or statements of account becoming known to third parties. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information or for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity. You agree and undertake that you shall not hold Company liable therefore in any way. The use and storage of any information, including without limitation, password, account information, transaction activity and any other information available on your internet access device or computer or mobile phone is at your own risk and responsibility. You furthermore acknowledge and accept that Company may not encrypt all content or communications shared on the Umbr Tree Platform.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, in case of grievances you can contact:
UMBR TREE PRIVATE LIMITED
Shed No. K-15, KHPL Compound,
Survey No.52/2, Bashettihalli Village,
Doddaballapura Main Road,
Bengaluru Rural – 561203.
Phone: +91 9731560700
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. The courts at Bangalore, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy.
Copyright © 2021 Umbr Tree Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved